When is it okay to go with Ring Chime Pro and when should you choose a simple WiFi extender like TP-Link AC1750? This is what we will talk about in our Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi extender review.
If you are wondering why these two terms can not be used interchangeably, it is because Ring Chime Pro does more than just increasing your WiFi network range.
It functions more as a repeater that connects wirelessly to the primary router and “repeats” the signals that it catchers.”
WiFi extenders on the other hand often connect via cable. Nonetheless, both the devices are quite capable of getting rid of the dead zones and increasing network connectivity at larger places.
However, when you are trying to choose between Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender, you will be needing more than just that handful of information.
In order to elaborate on how Ring Chime is different than other WiFi extenders, we have provided this review comparing the particular Ring device with the TP-Link AC1750 WiFi extender.
- 1 Quick Comparison of Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender
Quick Comparison of Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender
The first difference that any newbie can spot is in their compatibility.
Ring Chime Pro can only work with Ring products therefore if you have a range of other smart devices that you need to integrate the router with, then it is better to choose a general-purpose range extender.
TP-Link AC1750, on the other hand, is compatible with Windows, Vista, Linus, and almost all other operating systems you can think of.
However, the connectivity limit of this extender is a set of 32 devices whereas Ring Chime Pro can work with countless Ring products at a time.
The second difference lies in basic aesthetics. Ring Chime Pro, being the latest gadget in the world of technology, has a stylish outlook. In contrast, TP-Link extender follows the simple design that most other products from this brand have.
Nonetheless, both the products Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender (TP-Link AC1750) can help you increase the network connectivity to as much as 2000 square feet in all directions.
- We have a lot more information to share so don’t stop because we are just starting!
Ring Chime Pro – A 2-in-1 Device For Your Ring Products
Like other WiFi extenders, Ring Chime Pro was also launched a 2-in-1 solution for users who have issues of dead zones around the house and network interruptions. It is a wireless device that connects with the primary routers and improved the WiFi connectivity range around the area.
However, in addition to that, Ring Chime Pro is also capable of acting as a Ring doorbell chime for your house to ensure that the “ding dong” of the bell is heard clearly and loudly.
Besides functionality, Ring Chime Pro is not a disappointment in terms of looks either. Although the design is simple with a plain white plate upfront, the fancy LED strips to add a little aesthetics to the overall look.
In addition to this, the setup and installation process for Ring Chime Pro is quite simple and straight-forward.
The first step is to connect the Ring Chime device with a power outlet. Once the gadget is on, open the Ring mobile app and link it to the Chime Pro. As soon as the connection is set, a green light will start flashing to show that the configuration process has begun.
After this, you just need to listen closely to the step-by-step instructions that the app provides. If all goes smoothly, you will be done with the process in less than 10 minutes.
Wireless connectivity is one of the biggest selling points for Ring Chime Pro range extender. The device is made all the more attractive by allowing users to connect with as many Ring products as they want.
- However, the connected devices need to follow 802.11 b/g/n protocol and function at 2.4 GHz band.
Overall, it can be said that Ring Chime Pro is a little over-the-budget if you are looking for just another WiFi extender but for those who like to integrate all their Ring devices, the Chime Pro can be a perfect choice with all its additional features and 1 year of warranty.
- Brand Name:
Number: Chime Pro
Type: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
- Weight: 8 ounces
2.9 x 1.85 x 1.02 inches
- Ring Chime Pro can be used to extend the wireless signals over the large areas or just as a doorbell chime if you wish to.
- The device has an up-to-date design with a glossy white finish and a stylish LED strip upfront. These can also be used as a source of light at night. They are equipped with automatic on-and-off function.
- The capacity of network extension that Ring Chime Pro has is comparable with other mainstream WiFi extenders from well-known brands such as TP-Link.
- Besides being a doorbell chime, it can also be used to change the tune of the bell. It has an in-built list of music and other sounds to choose from.
- There is no limit to how many devices you can connect with it. Go ahead and integrate all the Ring products around your house including security cameras, doorbells, etc.
- The start-up is simple a plug-in-and-use process. You will not have to go through long and tiring installation guides.
- The plug-ins compatible with Ring Chime Pro are available in the US, Europe, UK, Australia, and NewZealand.
- Did you just put your kids to sleep and don’t want any disturbances that might wake them up? Ring Chime has you covered with a “Do Not Disturb” mode.
This WiFi extender is compatible with a range of wireless protocols (refer to the technical section below). On top of that, it supports multiple operating systems giving it a clear win over Only-Ring-Compatible Chime Pro.
- The OS that TP-Link AC1750 can work with includes Linux, NetWare, Windows, and macOS.
This device also bags some extra points when it comes to sizeand portability. As it has just 12 ounces of weight, you can comfortably move it around or even pack it for putting it in your bag.
Signal extending capabilities of TP-Link AC1750 extender are commendable as it can boost network connectivity for up to 2000 square feet. It has 3 external antennas that can be adjusted to ensure that the signal reach is maximized for use.
Furthermore, there is a feature known as “Intelligent Signal Indicator” that will help you decide an ideal spot for the extender so it covers an optimal area.
We are not a big fan of the limit that comes with the TP-Link range extender. Unfortunately, you can only connect up to 32 devices simultaneously. However, there have been no complaints regarding bandwidth or speed.
The extender can efficiently deliver 450 Mbps and 1300 Mbps on smaller and larger bands respectively.
Another feature that helps it take the lead over its competitor, Ring Chime Pro, is the availability of Gigabit Ethernet ports. Such connections are very helpful when you want high-speed internet on wired devices.
TP-Link also offers a 2-year warranty in case of any mishap or damage. On top of that, the company takes the responsibility of replacement or repair FREE of any charges.
- Brand Name:
Number: WiFi Extender AC1750
Type: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac
- Weight: 12 ounces
3 x 6.4 x 2.6 inches
Colors: Black, White
- TP-Link AC1750 WiFi extender is compatible with a range of wireless protocols and operating systems. Therefore, it is more preferable when you need to be working with devices other than Ring products.
- The device is light-weight and can easily fit in your bag in case you want to take it with you during travel.
- It is one of the most budget-friendly options available for those who are having the issue of dead-zones and signal interruptions at their place.
- There are 3 external antennas that allow for strong connectivity. Additionally, there is a built-in feature to help you find the most ideal location for the device.
- A Gigabit Ethernet port is also available that can be used to covert the TP-Link AC1750 range extender into an access point.
- This device comes with a 2-years warranty card. The replacement and repair within this period would be free of cost. Most other extenders do not offer this flexibility.
Final Note on Ring Chime Pro vs WiFi Extender
Most people fall for Ring Chime Pro considering that it is a double threat. You can use it as a ring bell chime and as a device to extend your Wifi signals. However, the biggest drawback to opting for Ring Chime is that it is only compatible with Ring products.
Tip! “Unless your entire home smart system is equipped with Ring devices, you are not really making a good choice.”
WiFi extenders, on the other hand, have one common task. They increase the network coverage of a primary router regardless of the router’s type or the kind of devices connected. Therefore, if you want to enjoy more flexibility it is better to choose the TP-Link AC1750 WiFi extender.